Bishop of St Albans asks Government about disability living allowance appeals

Bishop of St AlbansOn 22nd March the Bishop of St Albans received two written answers to questions on Disability Living Allowance appeals.

The Lord Bishop of St Albans: To ask Her Majesty’s Government how many individuals who previously claimed a motability allowance under the Disability Living Allowance have (1) lost that allowance after being reassessed for Personal Independence Payments, and (2) kept that allowance after being reassessed for Personal Independence Payments. [HL6794]Baroness Altmann: There is not a motability allowance in Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or Personal Independence Payment (PIP). The information requested is, therefore, not available. Both DLA and PIP have a mobility component which can be paid at one of two rates and access to the Motability Scheme is through receipt of the higher rate mobility component of DLA or the enhanced rate mobility component of PIP. The latest available data on PIP claims in payment, registrations, clearances and awards for both new claims and reassessed claims (for those previously in receipt of DLA) are published on Gov.UK. In particular, breakdowns of reassessed claims in payment by type and rate of awards can be found using the Stat Xplore tool on Gov.UK


The Lord Bishop of St Albans: To ask Her Majesty’s Government what percentage of those individuals who previously claimed a motability allowance under the Disability Living Allowance and have lost that allowance after being reassessed for Personal Independence Payments, have (1) appealed that decision, and (2) succeeded at appeal. [HL6795]

Lord Faulks: The First-tier Tribunal – Social Security and Child Support (SSCS) administered by HM Courts & Tribunals Service – hears appeals against decisions by the Department for Work and Pensions on a range of benefits including Personal Independence Payment (PIP). Information about the number and success rates of SSCS appeals by benefit type, including PIP, is published in the Tribunal and Gender Recognition Certificate Statistics Quarterly. The most recent report can be located on the government website. The specific information requested is not held centrally.


%d bloggers like this: